NOTD: Saran wrap nails for Valentines

Sunday, February 17, 2013

A little late but this is the first proper Valentines manicure I did this year and I wanted to keep things simple. I’ve been meaning to try out the Saran wrap method, also known as cling film here in the UK for a while now. It's fun and super easy to master. Its interesting that something so ordinary could create such a lovely pattern.

First photos taken outdoors, the rest taken indoors. Natural light.

For the base I used two coats of China Glaze's Something sweet which is your pastel pink crème. The colour dabbed on top is China Glaze's Ahoy, a bright raspberry polish with gold shimmers. If Ahoy was used as a full manicure the shimmers would've been much more obvious but since it was dabbed on you see very little of it in the photos and in person.

I wanted to add a bit more to it preferably heart glitters to make it more Valentine-y, but before I remembered to I'd already packed everything away and tucked myself into bed with the heater on to save me from the falling temperature.

Since my right hand is the photo hand I'm free to do some design try-outs on my left. I attempted a tricolour Saran wrap design by adding another colour on top of Ahoy, a red to be specific to keep with the Valentines theme. The effect still looked cool except it seemed to overpower the other colours and started to look a little like blood splatter nails. I might attempt this again with other colours that compliment each other to see what else I come up with.

Have you tried the saran wrap method? How did you spend your valentines?

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I still haven't tried the saran wrap method. I don't know why, because it always looks good. You did a great job! And your mani makes me want to wear Ahoy. Love that polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour combo! I have yet to try the saran wrap method but it's definitely something I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice effect and I love the colors. This is my first time hearing of this method. Sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute mani! The saran wrap effect is sooo cool! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, yay! I haven't seen any of your manicures in what feels like forever! Good to be able to catch up on your manis now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried this method yet but I love the effect it gives a manicure!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors you used! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)