Nails Inc Royal arcade

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hihi everybody! Today I'm going to show you this lovely blue layering glitter from Nails Inc that I received in my Lucky dip order a VERY long time ago. 

HOLY CRAP! Didn't know the photo quality would turn out this bad after editing :/

Royal arcade has blue glitters of different sizes in a clear base; that's a mix of small, medium and large hex glitters with small round ones. I questioned whether this one was alright to use on it's own and the answer was obvious once there was two coats sitting on my nails. I didn't see if getting anywhere but it seemed liked a good idea to let you guys see how it looked on its own with one/two coats. The two photos below shows one coat of Royal Arcade.

NI's Royal arcade, one coat, no top coat.

NI's Royal arcade, one coat, no top coat.

The glitters on the first coat is a little sparse, the second is better but you can see it doesn't cover everything. The good thing about this polish though is it's fast drying and it also dries matte. The name 'nail jewelry' could've been a hint that it was more of a layering polish but I didn't really think much of it. 

NI's Royal arcade, two coats, no top coat.

NI's Royal arcade, two coats, no top coat.

NI's Royal arcade, two coats, no top coat.

I didn't want to spend too much time thinking about what base I wanted to layer RA over because I could be there for ages. I really could! Nearby was a bag of untried polishes sitting on my table so I grabbed the simplest polish which was Barry M's Matt white. The glitters would stand out very much on top of the white.

Barry M's Matt white. Two coats. No top coat

The first coat turned out streaky as expected. There's not a lot of light colours that I come across that don't turn out streaky for me on the first coat. The formula is runny so the second coat is better but still had some streaks so a thicker second coat is recommended or even a third coat would be best. No top coat was used here but it was still shiny. Not quite sure if this one is actually a proper matte unless it wasn't left long enough for it to change to the matte texture.

Barry M's Matt white. Two coats. No top coat

Maybe it's been too long since I've had a good bottle of white polish that I had to start taking a bunch of photos. My bottle of Essie's Blanc is almost exhausted that the brush has to be swished in the goopy formula a few times before there's a good amount on the brush. Now it's only used for nail art.

Barry M's Matt white. Two coats. No top coat

Tada! Here's Royal arcade finally layered on top of Barry M's Matt white. There's a bit of glitter overload on the index finger but it turned out seriously gorgeous! Thumbs up :)

One coat of RA over BM's Matt white. No top coat

One coat of RA over BM's Matt white. No top coat

I know the amount of photos in this post is a little much today but bear with me these are the last three. This is two coats of Royal arcade over the white.




I personally think that one coat already looks good enough. Two makes the glitters look a little congested for me but the results are gorgeous. Will need to see what other shades this one matches well with.

Hope you enjoyed this post. Thanks for reading! So what do you think of this polish? What's your favourite blue glitter and what colour would you like to see this paired with?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)