China Glaze Purple ombre chevron

Saturday, July 16, 2016

I've got here an ombre nail vinyl design to show in this post. Many times I've attempted to create designs with the nail vinyls I had but the majority didn't come out quite right. This one? Just about makes the cut and on top of that, hello holo glitter base!




For this manicure you'll need:
  • One coat of your preferred base coat (I used Essie's Protein base coat)
  • Two coats of China Glaze's I'm not lion as the base. 
  • 3 different shades of one colour. I couldn't think of any other I wanted to work with on top of this base apart from purple. It was also the easiest three I could get my hands on without have to rummage through everything. The polishes I chose from lightest to darkest were:
    CG's Light as air - Light grey lilac
    CG's Spontaneous - Purple creme
    CG's Urban night - Eggplant purple
  • Chevron nail vinyls - There's so many nail vinyl sellers out there but I totally forgot where I got my ones from. Apply these vinyls on the nail and using a sponge, sponge all the polishes on the nails. Wait 10 seconds before peeling the vinyls.
  • Seal with your preferred top coat (I used INM's Out the door top coat)





I actually like how this one came out. Could be better but I'm working on it.
What other ombre combinations would you like to see?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)