Milkymimi gradient nails - Nailbee inspired

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Today's manicure is inspired by a nail art tutorial I saw from the talented Nailbee! She makes her freehand drawings look so manga/cartoon like and her tutorials are easy to follow. They just don't look the same when you do it yourself doesn't it.


For this manicure:


  • Apply one coat of your preferred base coat (I used Essie's Protein base coat)
  • Paint two coats of a white polish as your base. Here I used Model Own's White light.
  • Using Barry M's Dragon (Pink), Prickly pear (Lilac) and Indigo (Purple blue), sponge all three colours onto each nail for the gradient look.
  • I'll paste the link to the nail art tutorial HERE so you can see how the Milkymimi bunny was done. I done this on my Bundle Monster Lotus mat so I drew her a little too big and tall (a bit chicken like too) but if you had a very small nail art brush it'll definitely help especially with the detail.
  • With white polish, place some random dots on the nails and a star in what looks like a diamond shape.
  • Layer with Color Club's Million dollar listing shimmer top coat.
  • Apply a top coat to seal everything. (I used OPI's fast forward top coat)


This is the first nail art tutorial I've followed through and actually managed to draw something so specific. I have to admit it was hard but I can't believe I did it. I'd like to do more of this when I have more time.

Hope everyone enjoyed this post!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)