Barry M's Spring Gelly 2014 collection - Swatches

Saturday, August 30, 2014

As if I didn’t have enough pastels like the ones I’m about to show you I still felt like these would do good in my stash. The other gelly polishes introduced by Barry M did have an impact on my decision to purchase these as my overall impression of them were pretty good.


The swatches in no particular order. The first is GNP 19 Huckleberry. A pastel baby blue with a streaky first coat that was topped off with a slightly thicker second coat making everything opaque. No top was added coat here for the sake of it being hi shine and all.

GNP 19 Huckleberry


GNP 19 Huckleberry


GNP 19 Huckleberry


GNP 19 Huckleberry

GNP 21 Sugar apple, a pastel minty green shade. No surprise when my camera decided to capture the colour looking less green and a little blue. The formula of Sugar apple is runny compared to that of huckleberry so a streaky first coat was expected. The second was better but look out for those streaks. No top coat.

Even without top coat this manicure survived a bit of rough work. Having been worn for 2-3 days only the index finger chipped with minor tip wear on the rest.

GNP21 Sugar Apple


GNP21 Sugar Apple


GNP21 Sugar Apple


GNP21 Sugar Apple

GNP 20 Rose hip, pastel pink. The formula of this one was very similar to the other two. A thicker second coat would be good for this one but three thin ones seem better to me. This is one of the very few pastel pinks I have or maybe the only one that makes my skin look slightly darker but it does dry fast.


GNP20 Rose hip


GNP20 Rose hip


GNP20 Rose hip


GNP20 Rose hip

Overall these are good basic pastels to have and good for those who skip the top coat step as it finishes off with a nice gloss and drying time.

Have you picked up these pastels already? Which one is your favourite?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)