Essie's Hubby for dessert purple splatter

Thursday, July 09, 2015

It's very unusual for me to be posting on time but it's more abnormal to be posting at this time of the day. Whilst London traffic is suffering from delays and overcrowding thanks to tube strikes. I've given up on the idea of braving the London buses to get me from one side of the city to the other to go into work so day off it is for me.

Good thing is London weather is picking up again and being able to relax on the balcony in the sun and breeze really gives me a piece a mind. Gives me enough stimulation to sort and get back on track with things.

Today's manicure is quite befitting to London's travel status today, messy but before all that mess we can take a look at what the base looks on its own. This is Essie's Hubby for dessert which is a light lilac. I'd previously use this as part of my Galaxy mix and match nails a while ago if you might recall. Easy to apply, two coats with no top coat because of its shiny finish. 

Oh and I took a bit of length off my nails after my index finger nail kept chipping whilst carrying out some delicate tasks at work. The length difference started to bother me so it was a much needed filing session. Shorter nails does take a little time to get used to though.


For this manicure:

  • Apply one coat of your preferred base coat (I used Essie's protein base coat.)
  • Apply two coats of Essie's Hubby for dessert.
  • With Nails Inc's Floral street, sponge the top half of the nails for that lilac-white gradient.
  • With a straw, dip one end into the polish and give one rapid blow from the other end. Watch the polish splatter your nails until you're happy with the whole look.
    The polishes used for the splatter are Color Club's Nail Robi - deep purple and Nails Inc's Floral street - white.
  • After stamping seal with one coat of your preferred top coat. (I use INM's Out the door top coat.)



What other splatter colour combinations would you like to see?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)