Essie's bold and beautiful

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Here's another one of the oldies sitting in my stash, Essie's Bold and beautiful which is a deep blood red jelly. Back then this used to be one of those 'wow' polishes especially when I was going through the phase of really liking reds. It's not entirely unique but I still think it's a nice one to have.



This polish had a nice consistency and as expected with jellies the first coat was sheer and patchy. It looked like a raspberry red at first but adding a second coat made it look more like the blood red in the bottle so I stopped there. I'd recommend at least 2-3 coats with B&B. Even though it has normal consistency it's best to be careful with the application otherwise it'll come out more patchy than you want it to look.

It also leaves behind a bit of staining during cleanup giving your fingers that sore look but in the end it's all good. Everything dried pretty quick considering I didn't finish it off with a fast dry top coat; I had other plans with it. *Points to the photo below*

All photos brightened except the second one.
I ended up layering one coat of Barry M's Yellow topaz on top which I felt I shouldn't have right after. The red and gold reminds me of Chinese new year so I weren't really feeling this combo since it's not the right mood or the right time.

Which look do you prefer? With or without the glitter?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)