Girly mix and match - Some stripes and some roses

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I find it's always a good idea to look back on your manicures once in a while because it reminds you of some of the designs you haven't tried in a long time and for me it's those mix and match nails. This one has a good portion of pink in it to match how girly I was feeling at the time.

Mix and match nails. Light box photo.
What I used on my nails:
  • Two coats of China Glaze's Something sweet as base on the index finger
    The criss cross lines are done using Barry M's white nail art pen
  • Two coats of China Glaze's Refresh mint on the middle
    One coats of China Glaze's Snowglobe layered on top.
  • Three coats of Essie's We can do it pink on the ring finger.
    Color club's Flamingo for the roses, CG's Refresh mint for the leaves and BM pen for the dots.
  • Two coats of CG's Something sweet for the pinkie.Essie's Blanc for the stripes painted with a freehand using a striping nail art brush and BM pen to patch things up.
This was actually my first attempt at freehand stripes on my own nails and it was actually very easy to do. Goes to show that you don't know what you can do until you try to do it.


Mix and match nails. Outdoor photo
Before going ahead with the design I did a few samples first to see how things would look. They seemed to look better there than on my nails even though it's literally a copy of the samples. 



This is how things looked before everything else was added and it doesn't look bad on its own. Wouldn't mind wearing it out like that too.


Before adding the design. Light box photo.
Outdoor photo.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)