Essie's Absolutely Shore, stripes & glitter matte manicure

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Going to make things stripy and glitter with this manicure

The base I'd decided on was Essie's Absolutely shore which I might have blogged about somewhere in the past but I can't say for definite.
Essie's AS is a light sea foam green but my photo editing may have washed out that little bit of colour in this polish. The photo below shows AS at two coats.



For this manicure:
  • Apply one coat of your preferred base coat (I used Essie's protein base coat.)
  • Apply two coats of Essie's Absolitely Shore as the base.
  • With some nail vinyls apply it vertically on the index and pinkie finger nail.
  • Using Essie's Going incognito - an emerald green apply over the index and pinkie finger nail, wait a few seconds before peeling the nail vinyls to avoid the polish 'spilling'.
  • Layer China Glaze's Tinsel Town on the middle and ring finger nail.
  • Seal with one coat of a matte top coat. (I used China Glaze's Matte Magic.)
You can actually skip having to apply Essie's Absolutely shore on the middle and ring finger nail since CG's Tinsel Town is quite opaque. It's hard to tell there was even a base underneath.


Hmm, the index and pinkie really makes me think of a watermelon but I'm still 50/50 with the overall look.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)