Haul: China Glaze Eye candy collection

Thursday, June 28, 2012

I’ve been doing some naughty polish hauling. Not one, not two but a few and I’m planning to order more once I’ve received the rest. My polish purchases are starting to spiral out of hand but to think I don’t buy much of the other beauty related items such as makeup it really doesn’t seem too bad.

Finally decided to pick up China Glaze’s Eye candy collection from winter 2011. Actually can’t believe I left it for a year before I purchased any of them. It’s a collection of six polishes jam packed with glitters in a clear base. I haven’t worn glitters as a full manicure in ages. I just had to get them. 


I made use of the box and foam peanuts before I threw them out. I didn't have any other pretty bedding to place it on but I had to make do.


I purchased these babies on EBay for around £4 per polish. Good prices I think. Though it came to me all in one piece, the thing is some bottles had chips on the lids; you might be able to see some of those in the photos. It’s not a really big deal, just thought I’d mention it.



The six shades included in this collection are:

Some like it haute – Fine grey mixed with round holographic glitters that flashes green, blue, orangey-red and yellow.

Love Marilyn – Small red glitters mixed with normal round silver glitters.

Blonde bombshell – Fine yellow-y gold glitter mixed with round glitters the same colour that are just a little bigger.

Marry a millionaire – Small glitters with green/blue/yellow holographic bar glitters.

Material girl – Fine pink glitters mixed with small, some medium (took a while for me to spot) and some holo hexagon glitter. The holo glitters don’t flash as much as some like it haute.

Lorelei’s tiara – Fine silver glitters with small blue round glitters.

 I tried to describe these as best as I can but if I was being honest I’m really not someone you should turn to for colour descriptions. They’re just not my strength. I won't be posting swatches of these polishes instead I like to wear them as a full manicure properly to see how they wear for me. I'm sure you can find more than a few swatches online since these have been around for a little while. Stay tuned for upcoming NOTDs with these polishes.

Did you pick up any polishes from this collection?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)