NOTD: Color club’s blushing rose and China glaze’s skyscraper stripes

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I apologize for my little absence. I’ve started my blog not long ago but I needed some time away to put myself in a routine, everything was all over the place. I wasn’t motivated to write any blog posts though I had a few that I needed to catch up on. I’m back though and I’ll try uploading posts consistently. 


Here’s the time for a pink again! I hauled this one from EBay from Color club’s blossoming spring collection. Most of the colours in that collection seems like they can be easily duped in my opinion as with this one. This is CC’s blushing rose, a light pink crème. Very sweet, very girly and very common. 


Photo 1, 2, & 3 taken indoors, natural light
Formula was slightly streaky but I applied three coats and left it as that. It was sheer on the first, slightly okay on the second and good enough on the third. I don’t think it’s noticeable in the photos but there were a fair few streak marks but thank fudge for a top coat, helped smoothed things out a bit. Blushing rose looks a little lighter than it really is in the photos because my camera tends to make things look that way. 

 

Photo 4 & 5 taken outdoors, natural light

I like pinks but my collection has so many similar to this one that it’s hard not to get sick of it so I attempted some tape manicure just to make it feel less boring. I tried to do stripes since it’s the first thing that came to mind, looked the easiest too.


I cut even strips of masking tape only because it was the closest tape I could reach and I was rushing. Taped it to the accent nail with even spaces in between and applied two coats of China Glaze’s Skyscraper. A gorgeous blue and silver glitter polish. Took a short while to do just the one nail because I was so fussy at the size of the tape but I love how it turned out. Definitely going to try it out again given I had more time.

Photos 6 & 7 taken outdoors, natural light

Have you tried doing a tape manicure before? What's your favourite pink polish?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I like this pink on you! It looks quite similar to OPI Mod About You which is probably my favourite pink creme :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! You have PERFECT nails x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)