Blurry purple vintage roses

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My last vintage rose design I done a while back was quite a memorable manicure for me so recreating it a second time is a must except in different colours. The whole light and dark colour contrast seemed like it would work here but as I was painting/dabbing the polishes on everything just mixed a became a little bit of a blur. With the little green leaves you might just be able to figure out these are purple roses that are lacking in a bit of detail but still quite pretty if I may say so :)



The base is two coats of Barry M's matt white with Essie's Lilacism as the pastel lilac creme and China Glaze's Spontaneous being the darker purple. The leaves are painted with Essie's Going incognito.

I've been pretty fond of the Color club Million dollar listing gold shimmery top coat lately. It even sits on my desk top for close reach during a manicure session. It's showing up more subtle under the camera lens as I see less shimmer here than in person. I think zooming in a little gives you a better look at its pretty shimmers.



I keep wanting to recreate this in different shades, which colour should I do it in next? Blue? Green? ^^

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)