Stripes and polka dot nail art inspired by stationery

Friday, March 13, 2015

I'm starting to have this growing interest in stationery, cards, planners etc. so other than nail and bunny accounts I also follow quite a few stationery instagrams as well. This design was inspired by a picture I saw posted by @kikkik_loves. Polkas and stripes have always been cute to start of with as well.



For this manicure you'll need:

  • One coat of your preferred base coat (I used Ciate mini's Underwear)
  • Two coats of a basic white - Here I used Barry M's Matt white.
  • Misa's I will Survive - a black and Essie's I pink I can - baby pink for the stripes. Paint these on a plastic wrap, wait until it's fully dry before peeling and cutting into thin strips. Place carefully on the nail.
  • Alternatively you could use nail vinyls which have been trending recently to create the stripes.
  • With the black, pink, a yellow - China Glaze's Lemon fizz and a dotting tool, dot the colours randomly on the nail until you're happy with it.
  • Seal with one coat of your preferred top coat. (I use Misa's UV Bounceback)




As much as I love my square nails I really wanted to see what it was like to have almonds so I went for it. This time instead of just filing my left hand I filed everything! Like last time it went wrong and it just didn't look right on me so I think I can stop dreaming about those almonds now. My nails are literally nubs right now but they're I've shaped them into sq-ovals. It'll stay like that until my nails get a bit more length. Thank gosh I have some posts lined up.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)