NOTD: China Glaze’s Lorelei’s tiara

Monday, October 22, 2012

Ahh I’ve been a bad bad girl. Not only have I not been drafting any posts in word document but I’ve totally abandoned my blogs for a good month. It all comes down to nothing but laziness and to say I’ve even made another personal blog is just ridiculous. Let me just slowly get back into the habit of posting and swiftly move on to what I’m going to say in this post..

I was excited to try out all of the polishes from China Glaze’s eye candy collection especially this one, Lorelei’s tiara. The mix of the two colours here just makes me think of tinsel decorations and Christmas, one of my favourite times of the year. Mind you my family never had tinsel as a decoration on our tree and these years we don’t even bring the tree out anymore either, I guess that’s why I miss Christmas a lot. It’s beautiful.

 


Lorelei’s tiara is full of small blue and silver round glitters in a clear base. It’s bright and shiny. I was expecting the opacity to match the other I came with in the collection but it didn’t perform as good as those, weren’t too bad though. Maybe because I’ve abandoned it for a little while, I found the more I used the polish the less the brush picked up. By the time I got to the left hand it didn’t look as opaque as the other so I had to layer a third coat on the ones I felt needed one. It dries matte but that can always be solved with a layer or two of top coat.


Overall it looked lovely; I just didn’t fancy how thick my nails were looking from my angle. Please excuse the dull photos, really need to break the habit of painting my nails before the sun sets too.


Did you pick up this polish? What do you think of my NOTD?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Welcome back :)
    I don't own this nail polish, but I would love too. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos! This polish is great but quite difficult to capture:)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)