NOTD: I will survive the gradient stamping

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bring on the nail stamping! It’s been too long since I’ve used my plates so it’s time I whipped them back out to see some light. It didn’t look as close to what I had imagined but nonetheless it still made me feel proud of it. I initially just wanted to do some plain stamping using a shimmery polish on a dark base but no matter how many times I rolled the rubber stamp over the plates it wouldn’t pick up the complete image, so I moved onto gradient stamping. 


For the base I used Misa’s I will survive, just your basic black crème. This was the first ever polish I got my hands on and I’ve only started using it now. It was originally supposed to be for black nail tips but as I got more and more into nail art I saw more uses for it.

I ended up stamping with three different crème polishes all from China Glaze but you can’t really distinguish the colours in the photos. I used Aquadelic a turquoise that leans green, Something sweet which is a pastel pink and Secret peri-winkle which is as its name suggest a periwinkle blue. The crèmes softened the base colour by making it look more grey than black.

What I did/used:
  • Applied The Edge base coat 
  • Layered two coats of Misa’s I will survive and left to dry completely
  • I added one swipe of Aquadelic, Something sweet and Secret periwinkle to the image on plate BM205 until it’s covered
  • Scraped off the excess, transferred to the rubber stamp and then to my nails 
  • Finished off with China Glaze’s fast forward top coat.
Have you tried gradient stamping? How did yours turn out?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)