Ciate minis with dotted flowers

Sunday, September 21, 2014

During the Christmas sale last year I picked up this Ciate advent calender which I've finally got around to opening every single flap, only because I couldn't stop my hands from opening up every single one haha.

This is Ciate's Boudoir which is described as a sassy flirtatious red on their website. Quite right! The first coat is sheer and shows some VNL but the second coat covers everything and darkens the shade to look exactly like that in the bottle.


For the first time trying this brand the small brush surprisingly picks up a good amount and each stroke covers a good portion of the nail whilst painting. This one seems like one of the polishes that definitely needs a top coat because without it it looks uneven/rough. Clean-up was easy and it didn't leave any staining behind despite being a bold red. It does make my hand look white-ish/grey though.



Boudoir looked good on its own but I wanted to try out some of those double dotted flowers pulling so I ended up pulling Ciate's Hopscotch into the picture plus a basic white. Erm, the colour selection here just seems wrong now. Some colour clash with the bright orang and the bright red but I guess now we know what not to do next time.




Have you tried any Ciate polishes yet? What's your reccommendations?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)