Essie's Garden Variety and Gold Moyou stamping

Sunday, May 31, 2015

I had to think twice before posting this one because things just didn't feel right. I eventually decided on posting it because I liked the design stamped on top.

For so long I've wanted to do a swirly stamping design on a dark base so I went ahead with it after seeing some awesome swirls on the Moyou Suki collection plate No.7. Before doing so I did a test design on my thumb nail where I sponged the tips with a white and stamped the design in both gold and silver. The silver and white combined made things look quite frosty and cool, the effect looked good but to be on the safe side I ended up stamping everything in gold. I couldn't help thinking back at the silver on gradient try out so after taking this off I used the base colour again just to do the design on every nail. My nails ended up looking like duck nails in the photos so here's the gold version only. I will give that design another go though.

One other thing that really got me was the base colour. Essie's Garden variety is a teal shade and it's a stainer! I didn't notice my nail colour the first time I removed it but after the second I found my nails were no longer yellow from too much polishing but instead they had turned green. For those thinking of giving this polish a go I'd say invest in a good base coat and still prepare yourself for some staining.


First time posting with a black background instead of my usual white. What do you think of it?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)