NOTD: Zoya’s Skylar

Thursday, July 26, 2012

I’ve been trying to get myself back into the routine of polishing my nails, so rather than going with the polishes I have lined up in order I just went with something that caught my eye. I wanted to use this earlier for my graduation dinner but in the end I didn’t have enough time.



Skylar is a sky blue full of silver shimmers. It’s sad to say I like this more in the bottle than I do on my nails. That’s not to say that this shade isn’t great though. It’s just that I find the shimmers seem more sparkly and a little more outstanding in the bottle.


The formula on this I can say is lovely. Its consistency is just right, not too thick and certainly not runny. That’s with most of the Zoyas I’ve tried. Two coats did the job for me and it’s what you see in the pictures. It’s actually not as bright as you see it there but my camera has a thing against blues. It always makes the background a little different or alters the true colour. I’m sure my lighting had something to do with it too; it was close to getting dark.

All photos taken outdoors, natural light

 It’s a pretty shade right? Sad to say I won’t be buying much Zoyas anytime soon since they retail for £10 here. I can’t get myself to purchase it yet because when I do I buy more than a few and I don’t want to spend so much on one :(

What do you think of this colour?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)