NOTD: Color Club’s foil me once

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Please excuse any mistakes if you find any in this post. I’m half watching and half listening to the live Olympics ceremony as I type this :)


The first time I tried a foil polish was China Glaze’s Icicle which just wasn’t my cup of tea. That one was a silver foil, too plain, too classic for me but it did leave me thinking whether I’d prefer the coloured foils more. That is why I ended up ordering Color Club’s foil me once, a pink foil.

Photo taken indoors, natural light with a bit of sun

I’m happy to have this colour; I really like it, more than I thought I would. It makes me think of the word ‘romantique’, French for romantic. I believe it’s because it reminds me of China Glaze’s romantique collection which I’m sure I’ve seen a pink metallic in it somewhere.

Photo taken indoors, natural light

Photo taken outdoors, in the shade.

Photo taken outdoors, in sunlight

Unlike all the other Color club polishes I have this one really had a good formula, very opaque. I went with two coats but if you’re applying the right amount then one is all you need. It’s quite shiny! I took a photo of my nails in the sun but I don’t think it shows how shiny it is there. I didn’t really put much effort into cleanups though since I needed to do a little scrub to make it neat. Overall it’s a shade I recommend if you’re looking for a pink foil at a low price.

I remember reading somewhere that foil polishes are good for nail stamping so I went ahead and gave it ago. I really can’t say if it is because this certainly didn’t work. The formula wasn’t thick enough and the stamp just couldn’t pick up the full image. I even used my other foil polish Icicle but that didn’t work either.

What's your favourite foil polish?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)