Double layer water marble with Essie

Monday, October 20, 2014

How long has it been since I've last done a water marble? I can't remember. Besides that, the whole thing about the mess and water being everywhere was totally forgotten. But something good did come out; at least I think so.


Have you ever tried water marbling and accidentally get another layer of polish stuck onto your perfectly watermarble design totally messing things up and then you're there thinking sh*t, this ain't perfect no more! I've had it happen other times but this time I went straight in and dipped my nail in a second time to see if it covered the mistakes made on the first layer.


The result? I'd say it's sort of impressive. Well you can see, there is no major change but if you look closely you'll see the different shades of pink and green/turquoise from the lighter polish overlapping the darker ones.




The polishes used in this manicure mainly come from Essie. It's been a very long time since I used any of them. I don't have many and yet I don't use them enough but here's a list of polishes used:

  • We can do it pink
  • Going incognito
  • Turquoise and caicos
  • Splash of grenadine




I did my thumb also and wanted to see how things looked with some dots but the pattern seems to look weird her. It reminds me of something with legs. An octopus. Spider. Eurgh. My imagination just brought me to these two living things when I gave it a good stare so nope. Happy with the other finger nails but the thumb can stay hidden.

Have you ever given this a try?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)